Together, About Smiles Dental and you can do our part to control the spread of the coronavirus to save lives and buy time to develop treatment and vaccines.
The American Dental Association (ADA) has sent recommendations to all U.S. dentists to help protect you as well as the dental professionals who serve you. We follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Prior to your visit with us:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Please brush and floss prior to your appointment.
- Wear your mask to the appointment if you have one.
- Only scheduled patients should come to the appointment (an adult may accompany a minor or special needs individual).
- The schedule is designed with social distancing in mind. Fewer patients will be in the office at one time. As a result, you may notice fewer options for scheduling. We appreciate your flexibility and patience in scheduling future appointments
- When you arrive for your visit:
- Please call us from your car when you arrive to check-in (701)356-4077.
- Our patient coordinator will welcome you at your vehicle, and go over prescreening questions one last time.
- We have hand sanitizer stationed throughout the office.
- A look inside the office:
- You will see some changes in our office which address and go beyond CDC and ADA guidelines.
- Air Purifiers with true HEPA grade filters have been place throughout the office.
- Plexiglas barrier installed in the front desk area.
- We are disinfecting door handles, lobby area, and restrooms several times throughout the day.
- Screenings on the staff are being done daily. Anybody with a positive COVID exposure, symptom or temperature in excess of 100.4 degrees will not be in the office.
Your safety has always been our first priority, so we are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Additionally Regular dental care is an essential part of supporting your overall health. To make an appointment, please call our office at (701) 356-4077.
Thank you, again, for choosing us as your partner in optimizing your oral health!